Friday, July 30, 2010

Bulgaria psikadelika

I did some thinking (surprisingly) and decided to put together a series of mixes to represent the most interesting part of Bulgarian culture - the music.

Once the richest cultural hot-spot in Europe, in the last two centuries Bulgaria has undergone a "cultural melting pot" phase which is now ending quite sadly and tragically in budget cuts (mainly in culture) and austerity measures which are aimed at killing everything authentic which is still surviving in the country. According to me this is the end of the most ancient and most profound musical knowledge on the old continent. Luckily many gems of this treasure have been preserved in authentic records a few of which are included in this easy listening, meditation or educational purposes mix.

In the "psikadelika" series I am trying to represent the shamanic and psychedelic elements of the traditional Bulgaran music and the "adoption" of these by contemporary musicians and "culture". Some of the recordings are roughly 100 years old. I hope you'll enjoy.

http://rapidshare.com/files/409981138/stan_rbt-bulgaria_psikadelika.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment